Evidence of Grace

Evidence of Grace

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

All About Brookie

I love being pampered, and although I never like to spend the time, or money, on getting my nails done. I decided I needed them done this week because the holidays were fast approaching. However, just like everything else in my life, the week slipped by and my nails were still in need of some SERIOUS, T.L.C....I was sharing this with one of the girls that I have spent the last year and a half with, while we were putting up a Christmas Tree. She shared with me that she thought I was such a hard worker I deserved to get my nails done, and she was going to do them for me! Now this girl was not a friend from school, she doesn't do nails, and she isn't even 5 ft. tall yet. She is an eleven year old blond haired, blue eyes, sweet girl who "pampered" me tonight with her Homemade foot soak that was made out of bath crystals and tap water, all mixed together in a small rubbermaid storage bin. She was so proud of herself though, and what did i think might you ask? I was relaxed the second I sat down.

My little brooke had her room all set up for me with youtube glowing across my laptop screen as it light a dark room, playing "relaxing spa music" No joke, go check it out! It was quite calming. Any ways, she massaged my feet, and painted my nails for almost an hour. (of course afterwards I had to repay her with a manicure).

Now, as I type away with brooke sound asleep in the bed next to me I can't help but pray, pray that she keep that servants heart through out her life and that no one ever would burn her out on service. What a sweetie!

Well tomorrow morning comes early and at 8am we are rolling out the drive way on our way to FL! I am so excited to spend Thanksgiving with the TerKeurst's and to have found "family" in them while I am here in North Carolina and my family is in Michigan.

So, this year, I will be thankful for Brookie, the sweet, servant like, genuine, honest, loving girl that she is....the same girl that, right before she headed off to never land said, "Kenzie, Write a post about.....me!!!!!!!"

so here you go Brookie! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment