Evidence of Grace

Evidence of Grace

Monday, March 21, 2011

My weekend I wont overlook.


What an amazing, crazy, packed weekend I had! This past weekend I was able to fly to Jacksonville Florida and meet up with my mom and Cheri Keaggy for a woman's retreat! It was one of the best conferences I have ever been to! The lady who was in charge of taking care of us was the sweetest lady ever, and always eager to help with whatever we needed. The coordinator of the conference was the most genuinely kind-hearted lady ever. She was so full of joy and peace. They made us feel like Princesses, which was great because that was the theme of the conference. We had worship time, speakers, food, and shopping! I was able to sign a couple of songs with Cheri and it was so special because for the first time in all my years of knowing her it really hit me that I was on stage with Cheri Keaggy, the dove award winning lady who's music I used to dance around my childhood kitchen as a little girl! What an honor!
I would have to say that the best part of my weekend thought was when I realized just how much I missed my mom. She has been such a big part of my life, even if I wanted to pretend that she wasn't at times. I had such a blast with her and am so blessed to have her not only as my mother but my friend! We stayed up way too late laughing about some cheesy Halmark Movies and giving back rubs! I miss her already and am looking forward to seeing her again soon!

The weekend ended with hugs and some chocolate for the road. We flew together to Atlanta and then, in a hurry as to not miss our plans, scurried to our connections and said our farewells via Twitter! Thanks to my amazing tweeting lessons I gave on the car ride to the airport. :) After a long, hot, plane ride of being hit on by High-school, spring-break, sun-burnt, probably hung-over boys I was so grateful to Jesus for the Star
bucks I barley had time to grab just before boarding my next crowded plane. I landed safely and even thought I lost my parking ticket...and my car, the nice security guy took a break from checking his myspace and helped me to find it. (I didn't even know myspace was still around) However, it didn't occur to me to ask him for help until I had walked around EVER long term parking lot in the Charlotte-douglas airport, in heels, and a dress. (Man I need to find new travel clothes) I ended up getting home late and found a new BED in my room all set up and ready for me to crash, along with my sweet roommate and family! Man I am blessed!

Isn't it funny how, with family especially, we take so much for granted when we are right next to it, living in the same house as family members, sharing the same bathroom, and eating the same food. But when we grow up and move out we realize just how well we had it! This week I am trying to find those things I take for granted because they are right under my nose and so "convenient" and taking the time to appreciate them
before they are gone.

What are somethings that you can be thankful for that you usually over look?

This week I am going to be thankful for Coffee, for family, for friends, and my bed. I will be grateful in knowing that my car is parked just outside my door and will be ready for me in the morning, I am thankful for air conditioning, pretty dresses, and high heels that make me feel tall! For friends to travel with and great ones to come home to. But most of all for the memories that are made regardless of the situation we are in!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, sweet Kenna! Your post just blesses my heart with more JOY!!! You were such a blessing, not only to your mom and Cheri throughout the weekend conference, but you were also a JOY to each of us who had the privilege of getting to know you! God has His hand on your life and I can't wait to see what He has in store for you NEXT!
    Please know that you are always welcome to come back to Douglas, GA! We'll go to "Flyin' Cowboys" or where ever you'd like! May God continue to pour out His "Joy Juice" into your life!
    JOYfully His,
    JOYce Ashley

    ReplyDelete