Evidence of Grace

Evidence of Grace

Friday, November 26, 2010

Through the Eyes of a Child.

Hey there y'all! I hope you have all had a great time with your families and are full of yummy food! I thought I would do a little something different for this blog. Not everyone see's things through the same pair of eyes, there are many different ways that we experience things, especially the holidays! So for the next few minutes, sit back and remember what it was like when YOU were eleven and the world was only as big as you were tall.....

Hi I am Brooke but you can call me Brookie I love to read kenzi's (you all know her as kenna) blog. Any ways...I was just sitting with here and she was reading her last bolg post and i loved it and I thought, 'Well, it was all about ME!!!!!!!!! Maybe I should write a blog!' so here I go!

Well I thought about how much I love thanksgiving so I am going to say all the things I think were the best about my thanksgiving.
1.going to spend time with my family
2.knowing that i have my birthday in less then a mouth
3. and last but not least not going home until late tomorrow
thanks for listen to me!

I love you kenzi.

So there was Thanksgiving from an eleven year old's perspective. Sometimes I wish that I still could see through the eyes of a child. This year I tried to put those glasses back on and eat, without counting calories, ride golf carts, with my hair down, fall asleep on the couch WITH my shoes on, and watch football just because the dad's were. I think I succeeded! I was even told that I drooled while I slept.

I believe to say that this vacation was anything less that an adventure would be an inadequate statement. We have had a car over heat and were forced to leave it at Starbucks, played "Left, Right, Center" and gone through, over $200 combined, shopped till we drooped, had a few "situations" and lots of laughter! I am beyond blessed to have the TerKeurst's in my life and a wonderful place to spend the holidays!

Until next time,

~Kenna

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Very cool idea... I haven't thought about it that way. We get so caught up in our own lives now days that we forget the simplicity of childhood.

    ReplyDelete